At Accubeam Laser Marking, we offer contract laser marking, laser engraving, and laser cutting services to customers across a wide range of industries. One of our core offerings is custom rubber and plastic gaskets. Below we provide an overview of our gasket making capabilities, including the materials employed, the manufacturing process, and typical industrial applications.
Our Gasket Material List
Click to Enlarge
When selecting a gasket material, it is important to consider the operational and environmental conditions the product may encounter, such as fluctuating temperatures, extreme pressures, and strong chemicals. We offer a broad selection of gasket material options to suit different customer requirements and restrictions, including:
- 3M™ VHB™
- Cloth-inserted rubber
- Conductive rubber
- Epichlorohydrin (ECH)
- Hydrogenated nitrile
- Natural rubber
- Styrene-butadiene rubber (SBR)
- Thermoplastic rubber
Our Custom Rubber Gasket Manufacturing Process
While there are numerous gasket manufacturing methods available, the Accubeam team specializes in laser cutting. Our laser cutting operations are computer-driven, allowing us to achieve greater cutting precision and accuracy. These qualities translate to tighter tolerances and higher consistency for critical gasket parts.
Regardless of the size of the job, our team can fulfill the order. Armed with decades of industry experience and state-of-the-art laser cutting equipment, we can produce custom gaskets in short run or large production quantities.
Industrial Applications of Laser Cut Gaskets
Our custom gaskets are used in a wide range of industries. Below we provide some examples of typical industrial applications:
- In the architectural and construction industries, gaskets are designed to maintain a tight seal even when exposed to fluctuating temperatures, chemicals, and ultraviolet radiation. They can also serve as EMI/RFI shielding.
- In the automotive industry, gaskets are used in many automobile components and systems, including the cooling system, engine, electrical junctions, fuel supply line, transmission, and doors and windows.
- In the electrical and electronics industries, gaskets are found in sensitive instruments to protect them from physical contaminants (e.g., dust and water) and electromagnetic interference (EMI).
- In the food and beverage industry, food-grade gaskets are employed in various processing systems, including pumps, ovens, refrigerators, and packaging equipment.
- In the medical industry, gaskets are often made from materials that comply with USP Class IV requirements. They must withstand rigorous cleaning and sterilization operations and can sometimes provide shielding from EMI/RFI.
The above list is not all-inclusive. Gaskets find application in many other industries, including the following:
Custom Gaskets From Accubeam Laser Marking
If you need quality laser cut gaskets, turn to the experts at Accubeam Laser Marking. To learn more about our capabilities, visit our About Us page or contact us today. For pricing details, request a quote.